The Southern Tier Bassmaster Chapter
has proudly formed the Southern Tier Bassmaster scholarship
program to provide aid in the form of monetary grants or scholarships
for college and post-high school trade development educational
Protection of Funds
- 1) Individual members, friends,
and supporters of Southern Tier Bassmasters initiated this
scholarship program on 2003 as a dedicated fund maintained
by the treasury of the Southern Tier Bassmasters chapter.
- 2) The protection of the STBM scholarship
program, especially its funds and credibility are of the
utmost importance. The STBM scholarship committee will monitor
the guidelines set forth in this document.
- 3) It is understood that this money
and any subsequent money collected through donations, fundraisers,
and any other means of collections shall be defined, tracked
and protected as a separate item from the STBM budgetary
- 4) The STBM scholarship program
will be overseen and governed by the scholarship committee.
- 5) The funds will be deposited and
remain in the STBM account.
- 6) During the first five years of
the scholarship program not more than 50% of the yearly-accrued
monies and interest shall be used for scholarship awards.
Projected income will not be considered. After the fifth
year, the scholarship committee shall recommend either a
fixed amount or a percentage of the yearly-accrued monies
that could be used for scholarship awards.
- 7) Monies from the scholarship fund
are fully protected and will not be used for any other purpose
other than scholarship awards. Any operating expense to
maintain this program shall be approved by the scholarship
- 8) In
the event that the STBM chapter should be dissolved, all
monies remaining in the scholarship fund will be donated
in the name of the STBM to the charity(s) deemed by the
1. The scholarship committee shall
consist of three people.
A: One committee chairperson and two
- 2. Vacancies on the committee will
be filled by appointment by the chapter president, upon
recommendation by the scholarship chairperson.
- 3. Any member of the committee,
at the discretion of the general membership, can be removed
from the committee for due and documented good cause and
a new member appointed.
- 4. All three committee members will
have equal voting powers for associated issues coming before
the committee and approval of candidates for the scholarship
- 5. The scholarship committee duties
will include but not be limited to the following:
- a. Act as the administrator of
the scholarship program
- b. Interpret and enforce the scholarship
- c. Review the applications and
select the applicants that are eligible for consideration
according to the guidelines set forth under eligibility.
- d. In the event that a current
committee member has an application candidate for consideration
for a scholarship award, that committee member will not
participate in the selection process for scholarship awards
at that time. A new committee member will be appointed
until the award process is finished.
- 1. A scholarship applicant must
meet one of the following criteria, in no particular order:
- A) Must be a regular member
of the STBM in good standing, OR
- B) Must be a child, stepchild
or grandchild of a regular member of the STBM, OR
- C) Must
be a dependant that is residing with a regular member
of the STBM and relies on that member as their sole
- D) Or A Junior STBM in good
standing (D) (second preference).
2. To be considered for scholarship,
a student must have a minimum high school cumulative GPA
of 75% and attend a two- or four-year college or a post-secondary
trade or technical school.
3. The applicant must provide proof
of enrollment of his or her second semester or trimester
of post-secondary education by the Second Saturday
in January. If documentation is not received by this
time, the scholarship may be rescinded.
- 1) Any eligible candidate (refer
to article "C") may submit the scholarship application
to the scholarship committee.
- 2) All application must be submitted
on the STBM scholarship application form. Any application
received on anything other than the correct form will automatically
- 3) Scholarship application form
may be obtained on the STBM web site www.southerntierbass.com.
or request one from a scholarship committee member.
- 4) All submitted applications shall
remain confidential to the scholarship committee.
- 5) Awards are based on funds available.
- 6) Application deadline is August
31 each year. Any applications received or postmarked after
August 31 will be rejected.
- 7) Award
recipient(s) will be notified by December 31. The award(s)
will be presented at the Annual Banquet.